Android 10 - 'Deny' and 'Deny and don't ask again' workflow
Fresh installation of Briar (15.4 githash
- In permission manager for apps, Briar access is set to denied for both camera and location.
- IN Briar, user taps on + to create a new nearby contact
- User taps continue.
- Popup comes up and asks the user to grant Briar permissions to access camera. Options are Allow or Deny.
- Popup comes up and asks the user to grant permission for Briar to access their location - Option are Allow only whle using the app, and Deny.
- Use denies permission for location.
- Location permission info box comes up and says this: To discover bluetooth devices, Briar needs permission to access your location. Briar does not store your location or share it with anyone.User taps continue.
- A popup comes up and request the access once again. Options now are: Allow only while using the app, Deny, and Deny and don't ask again.
- User selects the 'Deny and don't ask again'
- A message comes up that says: "Location permission - You hve denied access to your location, but Briar needs this permission to discover bluetooth devices. Please consider granting the access."
- User taps OK
- user is taken to the app permissions manager, where they set the Briar permission for location to 'Allow while using the app'
- User navigates back to Briar and continues the process
- The message 'your device will be visible to other devices during 120 seconds' shows. User taps OK
- QR code shows and contact can be created 16 For The next contact user is not asked the permission, because in the step 12 they gave Briar permission to use their location... so no need to ask again.
Is this correct? And does it need any further work?