Crash while trying to connect via bluetooth
Steps to reproduce: Master: 2021-05-06 13:14 GitHash: 9dff8bd6 Devices: HTC One M9 and Nokia 3.1 Device Settings: wifi= OFF on both devices. BT = ON on both devices. App access to location and camera = ON on both devices
- Add a neaby contact on each device.
- Scan the QR code when prompted and verify that contacts are added OK on both devices and that they show status 'online'
- Go to device settings and switch the bluetooth setting OFF on each device
- This will result in the two 'nearby' contacts showing as being offline
- Now go to the menu for the contact added in step 1, and select Connect via Bluetooth - on each device
- Tap 'start' on both devices at the same time (as much as that is possible)
- Tap 'allow' to allow the device visibility to other BT devices during 120 seconds
- the BT setting on the device is turned on during this process
- the process concludes successfully
- user is given messages that the connection via BT was successful
- the contact show online and can send each other messages via BT
- The process starts off OK, and users get messages 'connecting via bluetooth', and then both devices crash before the process is completed.
- The BT setting on the device is switched on during the process - despite the crash The two Android Studio logifles from the two crashes: crash_while_connecting_via_BT_10052021.txtcrash2_while_connecting_via_BT_10052021.txt
Crash report sent from Nokia 3.1 for both crashes