Sharing Briar offline - Crash when wifi on device is OFF and 'Start sharing' tapped on Briar screen
Steps to reproduce:
- Device: Samsung Mini I9195 (API19) - go to device settings and switch the wi-fi OFF
- Go to Briar app > settings > Share Briar app offline
- Tap Start Sharing button
- As the wifi gets switched ON during this process, the expected would be for the briar app sharing to continue as normal
- Briar app crashes. (Reproduced 3 times in a row)
Attached screenshot of device settings, movie of user actions on Briar and Android Studio logfile for the device during this process.
Crash report sent from the device as well.
Checking what happens in the same scenario for devices:
- Pixel 2 (API30) - user is given a message that the wifi needs to be on and then they are taken to the device settings to enable the wi-fi = OK
- Nokia 3.1 (API29) - as Pixel2 = OK
- Samsung A01 Core (API29) - as Pixel 2 = OK
- HTC One M9 (API24)