Private group crash after re-adding contact
Hello, recently I was testing private groups in Briar and I encountered a bug. Both accounts were just created and here are the steps to reproduce the bug:
- Person A and Person B add each other to contacts.
- Person A created the group.
- Person B joins the group.
- Person A and Person B remove each other from contacts.
- Person A and Person B add each other to contacts again.
- Person A clicks on "share" button in the group.
- Person A device crashes.
I also sent Briar Crash Report (with description: "issue #2141") with following informations attached:
- Basic information
- Build configuration
- App log
I didn't want to include all device informations but these may be useful:
- AndroidApi: 29
- AndroidVersion: 10
- Product: lineage_tissot (LineageOS 17.1 27.07.2021)
If any additional informations are needed then let me know.
I noticed that for some reason Person A still sees that Person B is in the group even after Person B left which in my opinion is some problem with synchronization because Person B had no contacts in the group at the time of leaving.
I removed unecessary step because Person B doesn't have to leave the group to reproduce the crash.