Device1 All connection settings are ON
Device2 All connection settings are OFF
Steps to execute
- Device1 - Write a direct message to a contact/recipient and send them. Initially, as the contact is offline, the message will not be delivered, but will just have a little clock icon which signifies that it is waiting to be delivered.
- Device1 - Save it on the USB stick, and eject the USB stick by going to th status bar, pulling it down and selecting Eject on the USB drive notification
- After this the messages on device1 which were 'sent'to the USB drive, have one 'tick' to denote that they have been sent.
- Device2 - receive the message by going to Contact > Connections > Transfer data, then selecting the file containing the message sent by device1
- Devce2 - reply to that message.
- Device2 - save reply onto the USB stick
- Device2 - save the same reply to another file - give it a different name
- Device1 - import the device2's message from the USB stick.
- Device1 - note that the originally sent message to the device2 gains another 'tick' (and now has two of them) when the reply is imported from the USB stick
- Device1 - try to import the other file with the reply from device2
- This is not possible, and the user gets an error message that the file is not recognised.
- Device1 - write a new message to device2 and save it on the USB stick
- A few minutes later - device2 put the settings> connections> Bluetooth + WiFi ON
- This should ensure that the device2 receives the device1's message (even without importing it from the USB stick)
- Device1 go to settings > connections and switch the BT and WiFi OFF.
- Device2 write a message to device1 and save it on the USB stick
- Device1 import the device2's message from the USB stick
- Device1 go to settings > connections and switch the bluetooth and WiFi ON
- This action should add another 'tick' to the already imported message
- The messages that are already imported should not be delivered again when the bluetooth and WIFi are switched back on.
- Equally, the mesages already received in a normal way, should not be duplicated if they are subsequently imported from the USB