User testing for adding contacts remotely
Workflow Prototype Testing
Briar wants to add support for adding contacts remotely without them having to meet face to face. Before implementing this feature entirely, Briar wants to test an early design prototype to see if users would understand the workflow.
An APKs for testing (which can be installed along-side the official Briar) is available here:
Test Setup: Two testers both install the same test APK on their Android phone. Without being in the same room, they try to add each other as contacts in Briar. The test finishes and succeeds when a new contact was added on both phones. Note that the contact that will be added is fake and purely for testing. While it will appear to be online, you will never be able to exchange messages until the feature is fully implemented.
Please finish the test before reading and answering the questions below!
Questions (for after the test!)
- Did you understand the difference between the two options for adding a contact and which one to choose?
- When seeing the 'Add a Contact' screen, did you know what to do?
- How did you exchange the links?
- Were there any issues when exchanging the links?
- After entering your contact's link, did you understand what happened?
- When testing the full version, did you understand the QR code button? Did it confuse? Did you use it?
- Were you confused about the delay before the contact was added?
- Is there anything that would have helped you to understand the process better?
Subtask of #1230.