Development of a consistent onboarding strategy
Because of its serverless nature briar is different than other messaging/forum/blog apps. These differences need to be explained to the user.
A contextual onboarding has to be developed to help the user understand some of the features and peculiarities of the briar app.
Contextual onboarding is shown once a certain feature becomes relevant or a screen is shown the first time. In some cases it could be helpful to offer an option to reopen the onboarding again. This could be realised via infoicon (app bar).
This is an (incomplete) list of features which require onboarding (Please feel free to add points):
- Account is stored on device, password can't be recovered (current solution: explanation is shown in setup screen)
- Finding the contact screen (#344 (closed))
- Prompt to add first contact (current solution: dialog the first time the user signs in, empty state of contact list)
- Prompt to create first forum (current solution: empty state of forum list)
- Prompt to write first forum post (current solution: empty state of forum)
- Prompt to write first blog post (current solution: empty state of blog feed)
- Panic button settings (first time open, reopenable) (#349)
- Introduction feature (as soon as the user made her second contact) (#357 (closed), #358 (closed))
- Verification status indicators (first time a v.s.i. appears)
- Add contact via QR-code:
- Privacy properties of the app (#86, #315)