Some buttons lack name/role/value for accessibility
The Accessibility Foundation audit found several examples of buttons that weren't marked with an appropriate name, role and value to enable screen readers to handle them properly:
(i)button for showing information lacks a role (should be "button")
+button for adding contacts lacks a name
- The speed dial buttons for adding contacts lack a role for the text and a name for the icon
- The buttons in the navigation menu lack a role
- The transport indicators lack a value
- In the private group list and possibly elsewhere, the action bar's overflow menu button and the menu items lack roles
- The button for opening/closing the emoji keyboard lacks a name
- The "Reply" button (in forums and private groups?) lacks a role
- When the buttons for scrolling up/down to the previous/next unread message are hidden, they're still visible to screen readers but don't work, and don't have a name, role or value
- The reblog button has the name "Add a comment" rather than "Reblog"
If any of these are tricky to handle we can create subtasks.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information